The Consultative Committee reviewed project proposals received in the 5th Call for Proposals announced in August 2014. Out of some 130 proposals screened by the CFC in this Call, twelve have been selected for further review. These projects have been placed on the agenda of the Committee for detailed assessment and consideration of further development and of possible approval by the Executive Board in its forthcoming April meeting.
The Committee agreed that the following five regular project proposals could be submitted for Executive Board approval of loan financing by the Fund:
- Nafslid Integrated Agro Forestry (Kenya);
- Zinc Die-casting in India;
- Coconut Sweetener Production Facilities in Indonesia;
- Scaling Smallholder-based Premium Coffee Production in Congo and Rwanda;
- Agricultural Storage Investment Fund (ASIF).
In addition, the Committee recommended financial support for three activities through the Fund’s Fast Track modality;
- Upgrading Seaweeds Value Chain (Philippines);
- Increasing sustainable Nutmeg production for Smallholders (Indonesia);
- Technical assistance funding for the Small holder Coffee Project in Congo/Rwanda.
The proponents of the twelve projects placed on the agenda of the Committee have meanwhile been informed about the outcome of the Committee review.