Consultative Committee recommends 7 Regular Projects for approval of the Executive Board. 4 Fast Track Projects recommended for approval by the Managing Director.
The 7th Call for Proposals (which was opened in July 2015 and closed on 26 October 2015) has yielded 88 proposals seeking financial support from the CFC. These proposals have been subjected to a pre-selection review, checking whether the proposals were in line with the standard core criteria as established by the Fund’s Executive Board. Following that, nine Regular Projects and four Fast Track Projects were identified as being suitable for a formal review and assessment by the Fund’s external technical advisory committee, the “Consultative Committee”. The Committee met in its 57th meeting, held from 25 – 28 January 2016 in Amsterdam, at the Fund’s headquarters.
The meeting of the Consultative Committee was conducted by its Chairman, Mr. Lee Choon Hui (Malaysia), and Vice-Chairman, Mr. Daniel Lema (Argentina). Messrs. G.B. Ayoola (Nigeria) and Ramaz Chanturiya (Russian Federation) prepared the report of the meeting.
The Committee recommended the following seven projects for further development and submission to the Executive Board for possible approval:
- Upscaling the Integrated Production and Processing of Selected Estranged Oilseeds, Nigeria;
- Investing in Livelihood Opportunities for Rural Women, Ghana;
- Corn Farm Project of the Municipality of AWAE, Cameroon;
- Agri Impact Fund Asia;
- Kupanua Project, Uganda;
- Accelerating Lending to Food & Agri Sector in East Africa; and
- Irrigated Perfumed Rice and Normal Rice Production in Thiagar, Senegal.
In addition, the Consultative Committee recommended the following four Fast Track Projects for approval by the Managing Director:
- Intensified Livelihoods Improvement and Environmental Conservation through Social Business Activities, Myanmar;
- Empowering Women and vulnerable social groups to participate in Coffee Value Chain through Partnerships with Coffee Value Addition Company and Eco-Tourism, Uganda;
- Symposium on Development Impact Bonds; and
- Commercialization of Smallholder Honey Value Chain, Malawi.
Total CFC financial support recommended for approval amounts to USD 8.04 mln (incl. USD 384,600 for Fast Track Projects).
Only successful proponents of the projects reviewed by the Consultative Committee have been informed about the outcome of the review process.
The 8th Call for Proposals will be opened in the beginning of March 2016, documentation related to the Call will be placed on the Fund’s website. Envisaged deadline for submission will then be 30 April 2016.