The Consultative Committee (the Fund’s external, technical advisory committee) reviewed 19 proposals at its 54th Meeting held from 30 June to 3 July 2014. The 19 proposals were the outcome of the internal pre-screening of some 120 project submissions received by the Fund as a result of the 4th Call for Proposals.
The Committee recommended seven regular projects for further consideration by the Fund’s Executive Board at its 55th Meeting, scheduled to be held in October 2014. The Committee also recommended seven smaller, so-called “Fast Track” projects, for approval for the Fund’s Managing Director.
The following proposals have been recommended by the Consultative Committee for consideration by the Executive Board:
- Strengthening of Getco Agro Vision limited by establishing seed storage, processing packaging and quality control equipment (Bangladesh)
- Optimising the smallholder maize value chain in Western Kenya
- Mwelya Biogas Plant, Tanga – Tanzania
- Promotion of a sustainable coffee industry in Cameroon
- Increased Exports of Smallholder Paprika from Malawi
- TSARAKAFE: Revival of the Robusta Coffee Chain in Madagascar
- Expanding and developing a community cashew farming in Bali, Indonesia
The following Fast Track projects have been recommended by the Committee:
- Preparation of Technical dossier geographical indication (GI) for Ceylon Cinnamon in EU (Sri-Lanka)
- Preservation of Coffee Pulp Biomass for further use as raw material in a bio-refinery process (Netherlands/Colombia)
- Sisal value chain development for inclusive economic growth on La Gonave Island, Haiti
- Commodity value chain tropical timber from community forests (Cameroon)
- MORINGA Agroforestry Technical Assistance Facility (ATAF) Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Modern processing & value chain development for prosopis charcoal and nutritious animal feeds, Kenya
- Support to the (cashew) Commodity Value Chain Finance Program (Burkina Faso)
The proponents of these projects will be informed on the observations made by the Committee and on the steps required to facilitate submission to the Executive Board for consideration and approval or for approval by the Managing Director of the Fund.