9 July 2019, Amsterdam.
The Consultative Committee of the CFC met in Amsterdam from 1 to 4 July 2019 to assess the proposals received under the 14th Call for Proposals.
The Committee reviewed six regular projects paying due attention not only to the feasibility and practical potential for lasting development impact, but also the preparedness to implement the projects without undue delay. After careful assessment, all the six projects were recommended for consideration and approval by the Executive Board:
- A radical new approach towards coffee farming – Ethiopia
- Establishment of Agro Retail Outlets – Myanmar
- Timini Mali : Mango Processing – Mali
- Production of SHIITAKE Fresh Mushroom – Brazil
- Fresh vegetable exporting – Kenya
- Olivado Working Capital – Kenya
The CFC contribution, in form of loans, is of USD 5.2 million, covering different kinds of commodities (e.g. mango, avocado, shiitake), will create a positive impact in the lives of 18,000 smallholders in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The 15th Call for Proposals is already open, inviting applications for support of commodity development activities in CFC’s member countries. For more information, please go to: http://www.common-fund.org/call-for-proposals/